So “it’s not what it is, it’s what it does”? What does that mean, anyway?
It’s about how design intersects with actual people in the virtual and physical world.
It’s design that is site-specific, 360° surround-sound, in the spaces between people and place.
It’s design for interaction, learning, and reflection; instead of distraction or isolation.
It’s affect and effect. Digital and analog. Function and friction. You and us.
We’re always looking for help.
These are the positions currently open at Volume. But feel free to drop us a line anytime at email@example.com. We also like to get stuff in the mail. Really!
Volume Inc. is looking for a Senior Designer
Looking to collaborate on big placemaking projects with even bigger conceptual ideas? As obsessed with the fine details of typography as you are large complex design systems and how they all fit together? Do you have strong opinions about the state of design, indie rock, the recent Warhol exhibition, the latest season of High Maintenance, contemporary literature, or humanist sans-serif fonts? Then we should be talking because Volume is looking for a senior designer to help us realize projects that live at the intersection of branding, architecture, and experience design. (And help us beat a few other local design studios at bocce ball.)
The primary goal of the senior designer is to conceptualize, design and produce branded experiences whether exhibits, environmental graphics programs, wayfinding or other physical spaces. Secondarily, the senior designer will also work on our more traditional design projects such as branding, print, and digital. The senior designer will manage their own clients/projects as well as attend key client presentations and collaborate with the firm principals in presenting the work. The designer leads their projects through all stages of project development: from conceptual thinking to execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a design-related field (e.g. environmental/exhibition design or architecture)
- At least 2 years managing clients, projects and interns and experience in presenting solutions to clients
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates strategic thinking and strong conceptual and formal skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. CAD, SketchUp and other architecture-related software skills are a plus.
- Experience working on environmental graphics projects a plus.
- Organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasker and self-motivated.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must bring passion, energy and enthusiasm to our team.
- Must hold a valid US Work Visa, if international
If you’re hell-bent on helping create smart, provocative and award-winning work, this is the gig for you. If we’ve piqued your interest, and think we’re a good match, let us know by sending your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volume is always looking for eager interns to join our team. Interns are paid and are a part of the entire Volume experience—from project brainstorms to final execution. We take applications year round and there are three internship opportunities throughout the calendar year: Winter/Spring (January–April / application deadline November 15), Summer (May–August, application deadline March 31), and Fall (September–December, application deadline July 31).
Please send a note, resume, and link to your website portfolio to email@example.com.