Does your Volume knob go to 3? or 7? Or to 11? Let’s work together and really find out.
Our work is for people, not design annuals. (Even though we’re in a bunch of them.)
We start with two questions: “Why should I care?” and “Why does this matter?”
Our process: Science and alchemy. Strategic and creative. You and us.
We work in 5D: Head, hand, heart, soul—and a killer soundtrack on the stereo.
With music, both the score and performance matter. Notes provide structure. Key, pitch, and meter add color. Improvisation allows for surprise. Design functions in much the same way. Strategy is useless without road-tested applications. Tight cohesive systems are fine, but not at the expense of soul and feeling. Logos, colors, and taglines don’t make people care. It’s what you do with them that matters.
Volume is a creative agency that digs deeps to find that core essence of what you’re trying to communicate and then creates the most engaging ways to deliver it. An outdoor campaign? If that’s what would work best. A video? Sure. An exhibition? Let’s build it! Digital? Of course. All of these at once? That’s our favorite.
We’re always looking for help.
These are the positions currently open at Volume. But feel free to drop us a line anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also like to get stuff in the mail. Really!
Volume is currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to immediately join our San Francisco-based team. This person is responsible for playing a lead role on key projects. The ideal candidate is passionate about design, thrives in a smaller collaborative environment, and is skilled at managing large and small projects. Let us know if this is you:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Have 2-5 years of experience creating impactful work within a design firm or advertising agency.
- Should be comfortable managing all ranges of projects, including but not limited to: exhibit and/or environmental design, website development, branding & identity development, print & publications, etc.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and deliver on time results; grace under pressure.
- Versatile management skills and capable of overseeing all aspects of a project, including but not limited to, writing estimates & statements of work, facilitate billing and invoicing.
- Manage internal creative and production resources, as well as outside contractors and consultants.
- Supervise project schedules on a weekly basis and communicates changes to project team.
- Holds regular team meetings to manage schedule, obtain updates, discuss issues and resolve problems with the project.
- Foster strong client relationships by managing day-to-day communications and relationships with multiple client contacts at various levels.
- Anticipate possible client questions and answer thoughtfully, confidently and strategically.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills with experience leading creative teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills (InDesign a plus!)
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills required
Please send an introductory note and resume to email@example.com. No direct phone calls, please.
Volume is always looking for eager interns to join our team. Interns are paid and are a part of the entire Volume experience—from project brainstorms to final execution. We take applications year round and there are three internship opportunities throughout the calendar year: Winter/Spring (January–April / application deadline November 15), Summer (May–August, application deadline March 31), and Fall (September–December, application deadline July 31).
Please send a note, resume, and link to your website portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.